Many people have a hard time figuring out how needles could help heal your body. The truth is that the needles used in acupuncture are only a small part of what is really accomplished with an acupuncture visit. Here are five things that can be treated with a single visit or routine acupuncture sessions.
- Headaches- Many people suffer from debilitating headaches and migraines. Acupuncture is one option that can provide relief without the need for heavy medications, or it can be used in conjunction with headache medicine to get more relief.
- Labour Pain- Acupuncture can be an ideal, non-medicinal option for women experiencing labour pains during childbirth. An experienced acupuncturist will work with the mother-to-be to ensure a safe and healthy approach to acupuncture during the labour and delivery process.
- Neck & Back Pain- With the increased use of technology, more and more people are experiencing neck and back pain. Acupuncture offers relief by stimulating the central nervous system, causing the body to heal areas where there is discomfort.
- Menstrual Cramps- Anyone who suffers from menstrual cramps knows that they can be painful and debilitating. If you haven’t tried acupuncture for this ailment, it could be a game changer in the way you experience life during your cycle.
- Post-Operative Side Effects- If someone has side effects due to chemotherapy or post-operative conditions like nausea, acupuncture can help relieve some of the discomfort that comes with these conditions.
At Innisfil Wellness Centre, we have certified acupuncturists on staff who can walk you through the process and discuss how acupuncture can help alleviate your pain and discomfort. Contact us today to learn more, and make sure to take advantage of our direct billing option.